WHY SHOP AT AQUABOCCI?
At Aquabocci, it’s no secret that we develop designer drainage systems . And if you’ve shopped on our site before, you’ll know most of our products are in stock enabling us to provide you fast delivery times. We believe actions speak louder than words, so try to show how much we care by the way we do things.
Like it being safe and secure to buy from us. Or the fact that you can do so knowing that if you have a query, you’ll only have to pick up the phone to have it dealt with quickly and without fuss. We offer a simple and straightforward returns service, because we want you to be happy with your purchase and understand you may change your mind.
What’s more, we like to offer some extras on the site for you to get your teeth into. And if you enjoy your experience with us, we’ll even come to you too. Just subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll be the first to know about our new products and projects sent straight to your inbox.
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS BUYING FROM YOUR SITE?
If you are having technical problems please get in touch with our customer service team, who will endeavour to help you. To help us solve the issue for you, please include as many of the following details as possible:
- Your Operating System (e.g. Windows XP, Mac OS 9.0)
- Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 3.5)
- What page you were trying to access
- What time the problem occurred
- Please cut and paste into the email any error message that appeared on the screen.
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "troubleshoot" in the subject line.
CAN I USE THE DRAIN AROUND SALT AND CHLORINE?
All aquabocci drainage systems are Anodized to 25 micron ( marine grade ) they are guaranteed not rust, tea stain or oxidize around salt water or chlorine environments. This includes Aquatic Centres and sea side locations.
WILL THE METAL LID TEA STAIN OR RUST?
All aquabocci drainage systems are Anodized to 25 micron ( marine grade ) they are guaranteed not rust, tea stain or oxidize around salt water and chlorine environments. This includes Aquatic Centres and sea side locations.
CAN I USE A40 DRAIN WITH BI-FOLD TRACK DOOR?
The aquabocci A40 drain is a shallow ( 44mm deep ) lineal grate system which can be installed with most bi-fold track doors. Go to the MENU at the top of this page and select A40 to see our suggested installation guides.
It is advised that you speak to your contractor or door company to work out the best detail for your project.
CAN I CUT OFF THE PLASTIC WINGS ON PVC BASE?
The webbing design of the PVC drain base is designed to be cut and shaped during installation if required.
If you are installing the drain against a wall then you may cut off one of the plastic wings on the PVC drain base to allow you to push the drain closer to the wall.
If you are installing the drain inside a channel then you may cut off both of the plastic wings on the PVC drain base to allow you to sit the drain inside the channel.
HOW DO I INSTALL DRAIN AGAINST SHOWER WALL?
- Cut the PVC drain drain to the required length.
- Drill out a hole in the PVC drain base in the exact location you require.
- Install the spigot into the hole using PVC solvent cement.
- Install the end caps using PVC solvent cement.
- Use Silicon to glue the PVC Channel to the waterproof membrane.
- If you are installing the drain against the wall then you may need to cut off one of the plastic wings on the PVC drain base to allow you to push the drain closer to the wall.
- Once you have glued the drain base to the membrane and you have determined the thickness of your tile, then you will be ready to install the tile bed ( SCREED ) This will include covering one or both of the plastic wings on the PVC drain base, depending on whether the drain is against a wall or away from the wall.
- The thickness of the tile bed should allow enough height for the thickness of the tile and the tile adhesive.
- Once the tile has been installed it should finish 4mm above the top of the PVC drain base. The reason for this is because the alloy drain lid is 4mm thick and it sits on the edge of the PVC Channel. For more info GO to the MENU at the top of this page and select PRODUCTS to view the installation guide drawings.
- The joint between the PVC drain base and the tile should be wide enough to allow silicon to be installed. Do not use tile grout between this joint as it may crack over time, Silicon is a flexible sealant that will not crack.
- Once your tiles are installed then you can remove the polyformer foam insert and insert the alloy drain lid.
- Do not seal the joint between the alloy lid and the tile.
- The alloy drain lid is easily removed for cleaning.